Monday, August 28, 2017

A New Twist on Pillowcases

 The addition of a pocket to a standard pillowcase idea was
found on another bloggers page.  It's pretty simple and if you
already know how to make a pillowcase the pocket is
approximately 7" high x 10" long.  Simply measure up
around 7" from the bottom edge for the pocket placement.
 To give this pocket added cuteness I added a row of two 
different ribbons across the top.  This row is added 
approximately 2" from the top of the pocket for those
that want to give this a try.  
I had some stuffed dogs complete but the pocket can
 be used to hold anything small like a journal, phone,
tissues, etc.  Some Facebook friends suggested making
the stuffed dogs with a tiny pocket for kids
loosing teeth so it's easy for the tooth fairy to find.
 Two pillowcases in one. 
That's what I call it when I take the extra step to make 
the back fabric different then the front.
The pockets were only added to the front fabric - the
back fabric remained pocket-less {is that a word?}.
I was surprised at the positive responses I received when I posted
the pillowcase pictures on Facebook ... so I added the set to
the Westie Rescue of New York's fund raising page.  Whatever
amount of $'s they bring to this group will help with the
medical bills they are currently facing.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea and I really like the suggestion of a pocket on the dog for the tooth fairy

    ReplyDelete