Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Freshly Groomed Westies & Scottie Holiday Quilt Block

 We have a new groomer in St. Michaels and I made an appointment
for the fur-kids.  They were long overdue and had a heavy
coat to provide it.  I was doing the routine maintenance
but I still don't have the nerve to use the big clippers on them.
 It's play time on my quilt blocks after the groomers.
Beautiful Julep - hard to believe she's 9 years old.
 I've been busy working on holiday quilts and 
enjoying every second.  Great progress is being 
made because there is nothing on TV so the sewing
machine is running late into the night.


 The Scottie fabric was a leftover from last year.  I was looking at
it for several days waiting for it to 'speak to me'.  Finally the
light bulb went on and I started digging through my
stash to find fabric that would work.
I used Julep as a model to show off the
beautiful fabric I picked for the binding.

 A stack of mini-terriers ready for the sewing machine.
The fabric on the lower right corner is what I'm
working with now.
The Scottie quilt is done and is on the stack of 'to be quilted' quilts.
I'll finish up the another one tomorrow before we head out
to see smooth jazz artist Brian Culbertson at the Ram's Head.


4 comments:

  1. The Westie are looking so cute after their grooming sessions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom said "great block", whatever dat means. I think it looks grrrrrrrrreat!
    Wags,
    Ranger

    ReplyDelete
  3. The westies look great. Ilike the quilt too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al-Horas Company for Pesticide Spray Services Our company owns a team specialized in the field of insect control and we also have effective pesticides that eliminate all types of insects from one spray
    A pesticide spraying company in Qassim

    ReplyDelete