Friday, October 20, 2017

55 Yards, 20 Fat Quarters & 2 Panels

Thursday Morning 
Getting closer to our first stop in our search for fabric deals.
We decided to hit Burkholder's in Denver, PA first.  This
is a store that sits in the middle of nowhere land.
 The Lancaster country side.  The leaves are just starting to
turn and I was surprised at the amount of feed corn still standing
in the fields this time of year.
 I believe it's the son of the owner of Burkholder's Fabric that
raises deer - for what reason I don't have a clue.
 The herd has a big fenced in area next to the
parking lot of Burkholder's.  It's possible they are there
just so the men have something to do while the ladies
are in shopping for fabric.
 Deer watching.
 Feed corn.

 Now we know we're in Amish country but I have to tell
you these three didn't even move over when we tried to
pass them in the car.  It was annoying for us as well
as the string of cars behind us.
 After we left Denver, PA we drove thru the countryside to
Intercourse, PA and our next set of fabric stops.
 This one is a favorite.
 No a lot of buggies on the road this trip for some reason.
 Log Cabin Quilts have greatly improved the selection of fabric
and overall layout of the store.
 Back-breaking work.
 Now here comes the fun stuff ... all my fabric.
I have to say I made out pretty darn good looking for
bargins but in saying that the prices have gone up
since our last visit.  I can actually make out better
ordering fabric on-line at a lower per yard price,
no tax and free shipping.  But in any event everything
was on sale except for 4 pieces of fabric at $8+ per yard.
 The first fabric picture and stopping at the birds are all 
two yard cuts.



 With two yard cuts I have options on usage which I like.
 These are all 1 yard cuts.

 I snagged the last one yard of this fabric at the Old County
Store.  This is one I paid full price for which I can assume
you understand why.
 Burkholder's had 60% off fat quarter bundles so I 
treated myself to just one.
 For those that are unsure of what a fat quarter is ... 
this is one of the collection opened up.
 I've been seeing these panels on a few blogs I
follow so when I saw the panels and the sample
ones made up at Log Cabin Quilts ... I purchased two panels.  



Now I have to tell you there were lots and lots of fabric
I could have been very happy purchasing ... but with 
42 yards of [2 yard cuts] and 13 yards of [1 yard cuts]
and the 20 fat quarters and 2 panels ... well, I guess
I can't complain.  But ... there are few pieces that will
haunt me that I didn't buy.  
...
My Bernina B380 went into the shop in Annapolis for a 
tune-up.  It was done the next day which was very 
impressive.  So when I stopped in today I asked if there
was anything wrong and the lady behind the desk
said oh yes.  She said that anytime the repair person
calls them back from the front desk to see something it's
usually pretty interesting.  I had a ton of lint inside
my machine and he saved half of it for me in
a plastic bag to see.  So ... the lesson here is don't wait
2+ years to have your machine cleaned and checked.
But ... while I was in there I spotted a "Sweet Sixteen"
quilting machine for around $5,000 ... so that's
what I'm telling Santa I want for Xmas this year.

1 comment: