Saturday, November 11, 2017

Lights, Camera, Action!

 There was and still is a lot of action going on in my old
sewing room.  For starters ... here are the photo's of Casey's
birthday quilt which I shipped out to California yesterday
afternoon for a cost of $18.00 priority mail.  No wonder the
post office is in trouble - that's ridiculous and with the
Forever stamps [for me] it's hard to keep up with the
actual costs of postage stamps.  By the way, I'm not
impressed with the selection of Xmas stamps this year.
 Derby

The completed lap quilt.  
Casey will be totally surprised.
 The walk-through [by Derby].
The back fabric is pretty simple - but if you look closely at the
white fabric I used on the front you can see dancers.
Casey is going down the road of becoming a dancer, singer, actress
or all the above.  That child has serious talent and living in LA 
she's in the perfect place to take full advantage of that career.
Julep: the re-arranger of pillows.
 When I finished the main body of this it wasn't as wide
as I would have liked it to be ... so I added 3" to each side
by using the leftovers after squaring up the main blocks.
The completed top.  I'll put the finishing touches on it
later next week.
 This is the Snowmen/Sock Monkey quilt without the binding.
I finally said to myself last night I'm sick of looking at that 
fabric [you can see it on the left] on the floor ... so I started
to cut out the pieces of what I'm calling the Jungle Love quilt.
Hopefully, I will get that sewn together today since it's
a pretty easy layout and I don't want the westies to run thru it.
That's incentive enough to sew quickly!
Complete with binding and super-simple line quilting.
 The back fabric was another on-sale find from my
trip to Lancaster with my sister.
This is the second star quilt waiting to be finished.
Both small quilts won't be going far ... just 3 houses up from
ours are new neighbors that have 2 very small girls.
I'll deliver them in December.

1 comment:

  1. That first one turned out really nice. But then again, all your quilts do

    ReplyDelete