Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Catching Up On Photo's


 We are counting down the days until our Eve-Eve party and
we may see a few snowflakes besides the big ones I
have hanging above the dining room table. 

 I added gold glitter stars and glass teardrop ornaments to the
dining room chandelier.  These were spotted on sale at Pier One.
What I found disheartening is the day before Xmas Pier One
was setting displays of Valentine's day items while JoAnn's
had displays of V'day and spring silk flowers all ready up.
 A look from the dining room into the front hall.
 Looking out the front window.
 Derby is never far from me ... or could it be he's staking out 
his place under the table for the Eve-Eve party.
 Julep at her post by the front door.
 Derby doing his puppy stretch ... they are going to the groomers
on Thursday morning for a little fur turn-up.  After that I will
let their fur grow for the winter.


 His royal cuteness who will never look older then a puppy.
 Christmas Day we had Frank over for dinner after he
got off from his shift at the hospital.  We greeted him at the
front door with a glass of Writer's Block wine.
 Alan Brothers prime 2 rib roast was a perfect meal for 
two guys who love a good cut of beef.
Since I really don't eat a lot of meat the tiny piece I had
was excellent.  Wilson made double-stuffed potato's and 
a side salad.  I made popovers.  It was a little fest for all.
 We had cookies and chocolate for dessert.
My Christmas Present
We are now owners of a Keurig and love it.
When these first came out Wilson was not impressed.
As time moved on and these little coffee machines were 
popping up here and there he decided he liked the idea of a
freshly brewed cup of coffee that take only seconds to make.
So when I was asked what I wanted for Xmas
{deviating from my typical answer of fabric}
 I said a Keurig.  So there we have it - the old coffee
machine is now in the garage.  I'm not sure if it
will ever see the light of the kitchen again.

3 comments:

  1. We have lots of snow here and I like your big snowflakes much better. We had prime rib for our Christmas dinner. It was very good.
    I've never wanted a Keurig because if I'm home I drink lots 9f coffee and thought it would be quicker and easier to have a whole pot. I didn't realize it made a cup that quick though. The other thing I didn't like was how expensive the k cups are

    ReplyDelete
  2. His Royal Cuteness is the perfect name for Derby! I miss my two that I can't stand it. I've never been away from Finlay other than the night he had to stay overnight at the vet. So I came over here to get a Westie fix!
    Your Christmas decor is beautiful.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete