Wednesday, January 24, 2018

A Quilt and A Derby

 A set of flannel pillowcases I made and forgot to post last week.
I was tempted to keep them for myself but didn't.
 Derby
 He's sitting in front of the storage boxes that are
holding fabric I'm cutting up until the next
guild quilt show in 2019.
 This is the final quilt from the stack of fabric that was sent 
to me about a month ago.  While it was hard to cut the big
flower fabric overall I'm happy with the layout.
 Derby just had to see what the mess on my desk was all
about.  I have stuff I'm gathering to mail to Daisy in NYC 
for Valentine's Day and then I have a few things to decorate
our cabin door on our cruise and then there is tax stuff.


 When I take pictures of completed items to send to Vanessa
I try and have an interesting layout or background. 
 While this quilt is lovely I must say Derby steals the show.
 As Wilson will remind me ... put a little white dog in a photo
and you can sell anything.  I think he's right!

 The back is pieced together using two fabrics
within this collection.



It was very nice yesterday afternoon so I draped this over
the deck railing.  Today I have some napkins to finish
up from this collection so stay tuned for those photo's later.

I also received from Vanessa two new collections of fabric
which I have already pressed.  They are now laying on my
sewing room floor so I can decide what type of layout
I would like to use.  Both of these collections are totally
adorable and I will post photo's later.  

1 comment: