Monday, January 22, 2018

Sewing For Chris

Pressing yards and yards and yards of fabric.
 Chris is the champion of our guilds Community Outreach program.
Several days ago Chris sent an e-mail asking members if they
had some larger quilts to donate to a family who just lost
everything in a house fire.  They are now living in a hotel.
 I knew Chris had the quilts under control but I still wanted
to do something to contribute to the cause so ... I thought about
it and came up with the idea of pillowcases.
A quick e-mail to Chris asking if she needed cases and she
responded 'yes'.  I went to work immediately.
 I also want to say a 'thank you' to my Facebook friend
Lee who had a ton of dog themed fabric that she wasn't
going to use so she mailed several boxes to me.   This fabric is
what was used to make all the cases.
 While we won't be having a Valentine's Day dinner party
this year due to our vacation I still put up the hearts.
Pillowcase Total = 21
Now to clean up my sewing room and finish up
several projects.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice thing to do. I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated. I can't imagine what that family is going through

    ReplyDelete