Friday, January 5, 2018

Botanica Blossoms by Color Principle for Henry Glass & Co.

 In my neck of the woods it's pretty darn cold and windy and
I'm personally counting down the days until spring
[or at least temperatures above 30 degrees].
This brings me to my latest Fed-X delivery of bright
and cheery fabric courtesy of Vanessa called 
"Botanica Blossoms"
by
Color Principle for Henry Glass & Co. 
This is exactly what my mind needs to get through
the rest of the dark days of winter.
 All the fabric is pressed and displayed on my sewing
room floor.  This way I can look at it so I 
can decide what to make.
 At first I was thinking this print would make an interesting 
back of a quilt but now I'm seeing this as place mats
or maybe a tote bag.  What do you think?
 The spray of flowers are large and beautifully colored.
 I'm having a hard time with this because I don't
want to cut it but think I have to.

 Same spray of flowers just a different background color.
I personally like the black background better.
 This angle gives you a perspective on just how 
large the flowers are.
 Simple and tiny prints are needed to 'calm things down' or
'give your eyes a rest' from the larger prints on a quilt.

 This may be some form of Queen Anne's lace.

 Cosmos and Julep
 Cosmo is a favorite flower in my garden.
 Same print with a different color background and
here again I like the black better.
So there you have it - 'Botanica Blossoms' will be my next
 collection of fabrics I will be working on.  Only one thing
remains in my cue from '17 and that's the jelly roll holiday 
quilt.  I'm aiming to finish that by the end of the weekend.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, look at all those wonderful colors. I crave color this time of year when I'm surrounded by white or when there's no snow, brown and blah. I agree that one print does look better on the black background. I think it would make a great tote bag.

    ReplyDelete