Thursday, January 18, 2018

I've Been Busy

It's been pretty busy around the house just doing stuff.
Part of the stuff is getting ready for our cruise in a few
weeks, then there is general housework and then there is sewing.
 I purchased this jelly roll from Hancock of Paducah on
sale for a great price.  I'm sorry I didn't buy two because
 the fabric/prints are very nice.   Will post the name of the fabric
 line and give the link to the pattern in my next post.
 I took this photo on an angle - don't ask me why.
This is a new block I decided to try & I like it.
...
What's Finished
 Simple and cute for a very little boy.

 Simple and cute for a small boy.


 This is one of the quilts made from the selection of
fabric Vanessa sent me to work with.  I have another
 made but still need to put the binding on it.  Stay tuned.

 I didn't have the heart to cut the fabric with the big 
sprays of flowers so I worked into the quilt back.
 For a cute litte princess.
 The center is a panel so I just added two borders.
 Going through my embellishments I decided to use
iron-on patches but I couldn't stop there so
 I glued on a few bows.

 The rose is an iron-on patch with a bow added to the waist.
The back of the princess quilt.  I hope the little
girl who receives this thinks it's cute and enjoys it
for many years to come.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy. These are all wonderful. I like how you used that fabric with the large floral sparys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun fabrics to work with!!! I'm wondering what cruise line you are going on and where you are going? We are heading to the Islands at the end of March, for two weeks.
    Have a great weekend; I won't be sewing as I'll have 5 grands over and be entertaining them instead.
    Hugs,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the embellishments, Katie. How cute! I hope y'all are staying well. The flu epidemic is awful here, and they've even suspended elective surgeries at several hospitals due to staff battling the flu. So far we've escaped it!

    ReplyDelete