Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A Quick Trip to Lancaster, PA

 My sister and I decided to take a quick trip to Lancaster last Friday.
I booked a hotel room because there was a big quilt show going on
and all the stores were open until late Friday night.  We managed to
hit all 'regular' shops that night.  On Saturday morning we
went to check out a new fabric store [to use] called Weaver's
Dry Goods.  This was nicest, brightest, and most perfectly laid out
 fabric shop we have seen but there were few bargains. 
 The buggies were out in full force on Saturday morning.
 I didn't buy anything near the amount of fabric I have in the
past.  The prices were higher in Lancaster than I wanted to pay
and actually since I shop on-line for fabric I was seeing a lot of
the same fabric there but at a higher price [then on-line].  
 Derby doing his sniff over.
 My purchases were mostly in one yard cuts.



 I have a friend who only drinks champagne so I will be
making her a quilt from this fabric which was on sale for
$3.99 per yard.  This fabric was one of the few bargains
I snagged.  The other fabric you see in this group was priced
at $8.99/yard so what I saved in the sale fabric I had
to spend to get fabric that worked with it.
 This Layer Cake [which are 10" blocks of fabric] was on sale
for $19.00 at the Old Country Store.  These usually run
about $38 [and sometimes more] per package so I
felt I got a deal plus the color combination is beautiful.
 The Jelly Roll
I found this on-sale at the Fabric Shack for around $20
[maybe a little more since I don't remember exactly] but I 
was willing to spend the $'s since the fabric was unique.
 The jelly roll strips.
 One of my main accomplishments on this trip was to go
to Log Cabin Quilts and buy more doll panels.
I have Coral almost done - I just need to stuff her.

 This was the last Super Hero panel set they had so I received
a discount which was nice.  I started the girl yesterday and 
since these are printed on a very thick fabric [think duck fabric]
it took me an extreme amount of time to turn her right
side out after sewing.  The Super Boy is going to
have to wait until I have more time.  Moda's decision
 to switch the printing from duck to 100% cotton
was a good one.
 I've made Lil' Red before but gave away.

 I made Just Another Walk In the Woods as well and gave away.

 The Spring Bunny Fun panel is new and I can't wait
to make this one.

Pearl the Mermaid panels were found in Zook's and
I purchased the last two on the bolt.  These dolls
are big so I'll need to buy more bags of fiberfill.

That's it for my shopping in Lancaster.  It was nice to get
away and spend time with my sister.  Wishing you
a Happy Easter Bunny day, Katie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip and you did good with what you got

    ReplyDelete