Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Finished Projects

 Derby looking at I don't know what.  He's such a 
handsome little boy we love him to death.
 Julep ... hard to believe she's over 10 years old.
I know that stand and stare ... it's almost play time so as
soon as she moves I'm picking up that quilt on the floor. 
 Drum roll please ... I can hear the sound of music, can you?
A quilt of a musical kind. 
This was made for a friend who loves music so I hope she likes it.  
I'm also very happy with the way all the fabrics blended together.
 Close-up of the blocks.
 The embossed gold words really add elegance to the basic design.
 Some of the instruments are outlined in silver.  Another way
to add elegance to what would be a flat design.
 The quilt back jazzed up by the simple addition of
some of the blocks I used on the front.  
 Derby 
 His Royal Cuteness
 I was ready to put this under the needle of my sewing machine
for some simple quilting lines until Derby decided this was
 the spot he wanted to be.
 I think my westies love fabric as much as I do!
Julep is actually on two quilts that are ready to be pressed.  
I wanted to get these done so I did move her.
 This patten is called the 'picnic quilt' and I can't figure
out why.  It's a super-simple pattern that doesn't take
much time to make up.
 I have made this pattern before but this time I added
 more fabric to the top and bottom to make it longer.

Made with leftover fabric from the other quilt.  I'm trying
not to put any small pieces of leftover fabric back on my shelf.
This fabric is very summer-like.

 The back fabric is also very pretty.
The beginning a new project.  Right now my thinking is to make
two small quilts for the twin girls who now live on our block.
They are 2 years old and are as cute as a button.  

1 comment:

  1. All your quilts look fabulous. The music one is great.

    ReplyDelete