Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Batik Quilt's Done

Our boy ... Derby
Lap Quilt #1
 I love making quilts using batik fabric.  I know I've said this a
thousand times before but I can't help myself. 
 The back of #1.
Lap Quilt #2
I added a few blocks of turquoise just
to punch this one up a little.
Back of #2.
 While looking for something I misplaced in my sewing room
I came across this piece that was never finished.  It's made
up of various 2-1/2" squares of fabric.  This was started when
I read an article that suggested if you sew a few squares
together every time you sit down at your machine
you will get a nice size quilt [that is if you keep it up].
 I decided to add a simple 2-1/2" border around the sides
[that's the black multi-colored dot fabric that Julep body
is sleeping on].  After that I'll make the binding and donate
this to Chris for the ladies in the Outreach group to finish.
 Guess I'll sew those borders on after Julep
awakes from her nap.
That's it from the sewing room today.

1 comment:

  1. That first one is a perfect quilt for fall with those colors. I can't imagine sewing all those little squares together for the last one.

    ReplyDelete