Thursday, August 16, 2018

Fabric Funnies & New Test Quilt Block

 This is so true! 
 My sister asked me to make a quilt for her to give as
a gift ... so I just had to order some fabric for it.

 Mommy cat bird decided to build her nest in the small
Japanese maple by our porch.  The deal is as long as 
she leaves me alone her nest can stay.  These birds can
be nasty.  So far she has kept her side of the bargain.
 Recking havoc on my quilt blocks.  I'm glad what
I placed on the floor wasn't the final layout.
 The blocks and rows are sewn together.  Since this doesn't
have a planned home to go to I'll finish it later.
Test Block
Traveling in style with a westie suitcase.
One change I'm planning to make going forward is to
reduce the width of the two black/gold strips by 1/2".
By doing this the westie print will not be so overpowered
by the black fabric.  There are many pieces to this
block the smallest being one [1] inch.  This tiny block
makes up the four corners of the suitcase.   What helped greatly
when sewing on this tiny block was to reduced my stitch length.


No comments:

Post a Comment