Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Accomplishments

 Things accomplished [so far] this week.  
Finished Quilt #1

 Finished Quilt #2

 Finished Quilt #3
This has a story behind why I made it.  I asked one of the repair
guys if he had a dog and he said after his lab passed his son [age 5]
didn't want another dog.  When he asked the son why he said
because you always take the dog for a walk and only
mom reads me a bedtime story and tucks me in.  The
repair guy had no idea his son felt this way and basically 
the two working parents were splitting duties.  So ... 
I thought this would be something he could share with his
son.  The photo below is the back of the quilt.   I was
thinking this might be fun for the dad to teach and maybe
give a little info about the different states.

 I had some superhero fabric left from another project
and made one pillowcase to go with the quilt.
 I whipped up 3 more quilt tops w/bindings for Outreach. 
 I like gnomes and I like mushrooms and was seriously
toying with keeping this one just for fun ... but I am not.
 The Micky Mouse fabric was in a bag of leftover pieces 
from my neighbor.  Instead of putting them away I pulled 
some fabric from my stash and made this today.
Micky is skipping with joy because I'll be donating
24
quilt tops of various sizes w/bindings to Outreach tomorrow.
Wow ... that was a lot of sewing time all for a good cause.

1 comment:

  1. You've had a busy week. Your story about the repair guy is so sweet. How thoughtful of you to make them a quilt to share some father and son time.

    ReplyDelete