Thursday, September 20, 2018

Sewing for Xmas

My sewing room is a mess and what you are seeing is the
organized part!  I have fabric everyplace and the unfinished
quilt tops are stacking up because I've been sewing up a storm.
I thought it would be nice to make Wilson's daughter [Carol]
and her family [that's 6 of them in total] their own
holiday quilt.  Each is the same pattern but with different
blends of fabric.  

Not sure if I showed this finished or not ... so here it is.
 I did need to order a few additional yards of holiday fabric
to complete the kids quilts.  What I had in my stash wasn't really
'young adult' friendly.  The Santa in the car fabric is for
Nicky [he's the youngest].   I used the moose fabric and the
candy canes and popcorn fabric for William's quilt [which
so far is my favorite].  This yardage came from
Marshall's Dry Goods at excellent prices.
The red dot fabric was $2.99 per yard and I ordered 2 yards.
This has already been made into yards and yards of
bindings for all the quilts.  I'd like to get them all
done by this weekend so I can move on to something else.


1 comment:

  1. I wish I had your ambition when it came to getting projects done. You always manage to get so much accomplished. What a nice surprise that will be for Wilson's daughters family to all get their own quilts.

    ReplyDelete