Sunday, March 3, 2019

She's Back Home & I Love It!

 She's back home and I'm very happy with the quilting done
by Linda at Missouri Star Quilting Company.
 For the actual quilting I picked the pattern called meandering feathers.  
There were so many on-line patterns to look at it was overwhelming.
 You can see more of the detail here on the back.
This large amount of quilting is something I would never attempt
to try on my home machine.   I simply don't have the patience for.
I chose a back fabric Missouri Star offered at approx. $16 per
yard.  [You have the option to send in your own backing
material.]  The back fabric is of excellent quality and for 
my first quilt going into the guild show I wanted the best.
Total cost = $239 which included ... the backing, the
quilting, the batting, finished edges, and Fed-X delivery
back to my front door.  The actual kit was on sale for
$70 from Connecting Threads.  All in all it was expensive 
but for a once in a while thing I felt it was okay.
Next I will be working on hand binding which might
take me some time due to the size.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, it's beautiful. I love the quilting pattern.

    ReplyDelete