Sunday, June 30, 2019

Flowers From Around My Garden

 One of our community ponds [there are 3] now has a water feature.
 This was very much needed to keep the pond healthy.
We have a great view of the fountain from our bedroom window 
as well as the screen porch.  I wish there was an up light on it
at night but I'm afraid that would be costly.
 With all the rain we have a bumper crop of beautiful flowers
as well as nice selection of healthy weeds.  It's been so hot I haven't
had a chance to do a lot of garden maintenance.

 Julep
 The deer didn't find all our lily plants.
 Coneflower's

 Wilson picked out the plants for our pots this year.

 I don't think the deer know this Stargazer lily is here.

 Volunteer sunflower from the winter bird seed.

 Trying to keep the bee's happy.

 The deer ate half of the buds on this lily.


 Joe Pye weed is a little late in blooming this year.
 The birds love this birdbath.   There are days I refresh the
water several times.  We have the cleanest blackbirds
in the neighborhood.

 The deer also had an enjoyable snack on both of our
limelight hydrangea plants.
 From the wildflower mix I tossed in one of the beds.

 Julep
I leave you with a photo of the Maryland state flower
Black-eyed Susan's.  


1 comment:

  1. Wow, so many pretty flowers. Your yard looks great. I've always loved black eyed susans

    ReplyDelete