Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Flowers & Pillowcases


 I love hollyhocks and this plant is a volunteer from last summer.  
It's amazing the deer/bunnies didn't eat it down to the ground.
 My dad had hollyhocks growing by our driveway when I
was a kid.  Each of those pods are crammed with seeds.
 Our cone flowers are especially happy this year.
 The little yellow finches will be picking out the seeds soon.
 The screened porch we love when the weather isn't hot.
There's Julep waiting for me to open the door because she's
won't walk the 4' to go in thru the doggie door.
 I originally purchased this fabric [and the ones below] to
make quilts but decided to make pillowcases instead.
 These fabric are so cute I ordered more of all of it!
Not to mention ... it's excellent quality and on sale 
for $4.99 per yard at Hancock of Paducah.
 The cases will go with all the other stuff I've been making for
our neighbor's grand kids. They arrive on Friday for one
night before they go to the ocean.  I broke down and made 
American Girl doll clothing and 6 pairs of little slippers.
Photo's to follow soon!
Have a great day and thanks for popping in.

1 comment:

  1. Your screened porch looks like a wonderful place to enjoy the fresh air. That is too funny that Julep won't walk to get to the doggy door.
    Love those pillow cases. Such fun fabric.

    ReplyDelete