Sunday, December 29, 2019

"The Lightkeeper's Quilt" Collection of Fabrics from STUDIOe

 Here is the second bundle of lovely fabric I was sent to work
with called ... "The Lightkeeper's Quilt" from STUDIOe.
 Living in a nautical area I have a great fondness for fabrics
of this theme.  One day I'll show you my pile of nautical
fabric just waiting for the right projects.
 The Panel 
While I'm not a big fan of orange I can understand why
the artist used that color to show separation
between the water and the sky.
 I chose a simple pattern and I'm glad I did.
I love the fact that the wave fabric [separated by the
dark starry sky fabric] looks like it's one big wave in motion.
The designer did an excellent job creating movement on fabric.
 Jennifer asked me to make this quilt for her dad for Xmas.
This was another 9-1/2 hour day but I got it done and mailed
the very next day.  I need to find out if it was a hit or not.
Apparently, this fabric reminded Jennifer of walks along the
beach with her dad when she was a child.
Best Friends Forever
I got this panel for like $2 on-line and made the dolls up for
the twins who live on the corner.  Since I've been sick I still
have the gifts sitting in my sewing room.  Hopefully, I'll 
drop them off soon.
. . . .   . . . .
Now to get ready for our annual Eve-Eve party tomorrow
night with the neighbors.  Wilson will be cooking two
tenderloins for slicing and we've got a Honey Baked Ham as
well.  He'll also make a dish of corn pudding to go along
with the ham and tenderloin.  I'll be making a hot crab dip,
bacon wrapped water chestnuts, spring rolls, and baked
goat cheese and honey balls.  Wilson will toss a big
bowl of antipasto fixings together in the morning for
folks to pick on as well.  It will be our normal fest and
it will also be fun to see all the neighbors since we didn't 
have a neighborhood Xmas party this year.  
. . . .  . . . .
This year as little party favors I had custom printed
M&M's in gold, white, and silver saying Happy 2020
on one side and Eve-Eve on the other.  I put them into little
plastic champagne bottles with a Hershey Kiss.  They are
really cute!  I'll take a few photos during set-up if I can.

1 comment:

  1. That fabric collection is wonderful. The colors are beautiful. Your quilt turned out really nice. The dolls are adorable. I bet the little girls you're giving them to are going to love them.

    ReplyDelete