Monday, July 27, 2020

Surprise Fabric Delivery

 Jeniffer surprised me last week with a nice big package of 
batik fabric to play with.  That made my day!

 The packing slip was still enclosed with the fabric.
This grouping came all the way from Indonesia.
 There are 24 different prints/solids ...
... with a half yard cut of each. 
 These are different and would consider them great blended fabrics
meaning they work well with busy prints.

 If you have an interest in learning how batik fabric is
made I found a very informative YouTube
video on the process.
After watching the YouTube video it made me appreciate
this type of fabric even more.  The labor in incredible and one 
piece still had a little wax from the stamping process on it.  
 Sometimes it takes me a few days of looking at the fabric
to pick a pattern but with this collection I knew exactly 
what I wanted to make.
 Penny Lane ... is the perfect pattern.

 This pattern is a little time consuming to make but on
the other hand it's also an easy pattern to make.
 The first of the Penny Lane blocks.

Making 4-patch blocks.
 5" strips that are ready to sew together.

 Four patch blocks pressed and now ready for the next step of
trimming 1-1/2" from all four sides.
The next step in the process is sewing the 1-1/2" pieces back 
to the squares so opposite color will frame the block.  
The top row of blocks are done and on my design wall and will
take a photo of my progress in the next day or so.

1 comment: