Sunday, August 23, 2020

Sunday in the Sewing Studio

 

I've been working with the cutest holiday fabric based on 
The Nutcracker which I purchased two years ago.
There was enough Nutcracker fabric to make two small quilts.
Quilt #1
The center block [in each quilt] is 10" then I added a simple 2-1/2" border
around the block.  In this quilt I made a two tone border. 

Julep was here!  Quilt #2.
Five fairy pillowcases will go with the quilts.
The Westie in the Window quilt is finished and just waiting for me to
sew on the border.  This is a donation to the Westie Meds
FB auction next month. 
This was made for fun and I sent it to The Child's
Haven to see if they could use it ... maybe as a wall hanging.

The back of the quilt below.  Added the extra blocks 
from another quilt made with this batik collection.
This was sent to Julep and Derby's breeder ... Betty.
Would you believe this panel was $2.95!  How could I not
buy it?  I've already given it to Outreach to finish and pass on.

2 comments:

  1. That nutcracker fabric is really cute. Some little girls are going to love those fairy pillowcases. Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you the other day. A friend showed me a quilted Westie Christmas tree skirt kit sold by one of the Westie Rescue organizations in California (San Francisco area).

    ReplyDelete