Tuesday, August 18, 2020

The Bistro: 1st Night Dining Out Experience

 

Starting with Dessert:  Lemon Sorbet
I'm lazy and don't want to re-load all my photo's so we're
going backward through our meal last night.
...
We received a $100.00 gift card from Wilson's daughter {Carol}
for Xmas and didn't want to lose it so we made the decision
to brave the restaurant scene.  Originally, we requested a
seat outside but there was a storm brewing and were
lucky enough to snag a booth inside the bar area.
We felt safe because there was a tall wall between booths.
Everyone wore masks.
Profiterole's
Basically a cream puff with chocolate sauce
was Wilson's choice for dessert.
Crabcake with cut corn and bean salad on the side.
Veal Chop with mash potato's.  It was a struggle but Wilson
did manage to finish the entire chop.
The new owners opened the kitchen area into to the bar area. 
It makes sitting at the bar more vibrant and interesting.
Hearts of Romaine was a favorite from the original
owners of The Bistro - this tasted pretty close to that.
Shrimp & Grits Wilson's appetizer.
The Cosmo ... just one {I would have had no problem
drinking a few more of these - Yum!}

Mask Up Katie!

Mask Up Wilson
It was such a treat going out to dinner because I think the
last time we actually ate out was in February.  I was so
giddy with excitement they could have served me
a frozen TV dinner and I would have been ecstatic!

1 comment:

  1. I have a gift card from Christmas too that never got used. Your dinner looks really good.

    ReplyDelete