Wednesday, May 29, 2024

"Flag Day" Sailboats, etc.

 

Collection:  "Flag Day"
Hope you had a nice Memorial Day weekend.
I was busy sewing sailboat blocks from a free
Moda pattern I had in my 'I want to make' stack.
Progress shot: Sailboat
  I made a few sailboats from the collection "Paws for America"
 for a little variety.
"Jazzed" ... there are 8 color choices in this collection.
I received 4 to use as blender fabrics.  
This is 108" wide and I received 3 yards/color.
Now that's a lot of blender fabrics!
15 sailboats took me a good day+ to make.
Work stoppage!
As usual I have at least 4+ projects going at once.
The 5th project.  The quilt [in photo above] was made using a
different sashing between the blocks.  Plus that one was
sewn with my old machine which gave me trouble
- it's not perfect.  I haven't done a  FB give-a-way in a
long time so the not so perfect quilt plus one made with leftovers 
from the collection "Fresh Cologne" will be given away.
Finally ... it's done!  Why I picked "Jazzed" to use between
the boats is the print shows motion [like with wind]. 

Little Derby turned a big 15 yesterday.
While he has a heart problem, developing hearing
and vision loss he's still cute as a button.  
For his age he's doing okay.




No comments:

Post a Comment