Monday, June 3, 2024

"Land of the Giants' from Blank Quilting

 

Here's what I'm currently working with
"Land of the Giants" from Blank Quilting.
This is the cutest salvage edge I've seen in a long time.
This piece is already made into a standard size pillowcase.
The factory sent me two panels and I picked out a
Villa Rosa Design pattern to use on both.
The rest of fabrics in this collection.  Some little guy
is going to love this quilt when it's done.


The pattern calls for a 2-1/2" strip between the column of blocks.
Once I had it sewn together I wasn't crazy about the size.
It just seemed a little too big so I pulled out Jot Dot in
black and started on the second panel.
I reduced the black column separator by 1/2" of an inch.
Taking away that 1/2" made all the difference in my mind.
The Villa Rosa design patterns are very simple and easy to make.
I'm adding a small gray strip of "Glazed" to
separate the panel from the top and bottom print.




No comments:

Post a Comment