Sunday, August 11, 2024

I've Been So Darn Busy!

 

"You Are My Sunshine"
Blogger has a tendency to add pictures in the opposite way 
I select them to download onto the post page.  The making of
this pillow is towards the bottom of this post.  Anyway,
this pillow was designed by Katie.  It took me two
days to complete.  I added beading [which I didn't like]
so I removed them.  Went to Hobby Lobby with my sister
and found prettier beads.  I was happy when they were
added to the pillow.  Next I added small French knots.
The rabbit + the three blocks [in the pillow]
are taken from the panel in this collection.  A
barnyard scene [panel bottom] was incorporated 
into the back of one of the quilts.
Moral of this story - panels don't have to be used
whole - all it takes is a little imagination to create
cute things.

I made the pleated edges using the fork method.  The
instructions can be found on YouTube or Pinterest.
Since the pleats were folded fabric that made them thick.
It was hard to make them lay right going around the corners 
of the pillow so I added them to the top/bottom and both sides.
With that situation at hand [a gap at the corners] I designed
shabby chic flowers to fill in the four corner gaps.
"Mermaid Tails"
I started out with the idea of making a pattern
called "Stacked Coins".  That's basically vertical rows
like you see here above Derby.
While this would have been very cute I had an idea to
put them horizontally as a top and bottom row and
then cut up the panel and add that in-between.
This is one block of the "Stacked Coins" pattern.
Did I mention I've been busy!  I will be turning in 77 stockings
to the guild's Outreach group on Wednesday.  
This will give them a nice start to holiday sewing.
I asked Chris if she needed any 5" squares for I Spy quilts.
She said yes so I went through my odds and ends and
cut a big heavy bag full for her.  
My sister came down and we spent one night in Ocean City and
then she had one night here.  She gave me a bag of her leftovers
which I also cut up.  Some pieces were large enough for
me to make several of the small Xmas stockings.
With the leftover "Safari Sights" collection I whipped
up the last of the fabric.  This pictures is actually
the back - the pic below is the front.

This was done and all I needed to do was bind it.  
It's in the closet with the other 200+ quilts I have
ready for 'The Hole in the Wall Gang' camp next year.
I sent a big box of my quilts for Scott to video for social media.
I knew when I picked up the return box from my door step it was
much heavier than when it left on it's road trip to Connecticut.

This is one of the collections he sent as a surprise.  These are 1 yard cuts
and I'm trying to decide what my next 'extra credit' project
could be using them.
All in the box ...
These are sample pieces at probably 1/4 yard each.
I have a very healthy collection started to donate to the
guild's holiday luncheon this year.  Those
ladies love their fabric!

"Mermaid Tails" - the pillowcase.
Progress shot of the pieces for the pillowcase.
Here you can see the pleats on the pillow.
Better pictures will be taken today.
Making quilt #1 from "You Are My Sunshine"
Quilt #2 was made using the book panel.
It really turned out cute.  Final pics will
be taken today.

No comments:

Post a Comment