Monday, July 29, 2024

Updates from my Life: Katie Sews

 

Not much else is going on at the old homestead
[that is] unless you visit me in my sewing room.
These quilts are from the collection "Cheerful Cheeks".
I can check this line off my list as done.
They are ready to ship off to Scott tomorrow.

"Cheerful Cheeks" gave me 4 quilts + 1 pillowcase.
NEXT UP
"Safari Sights" - these were easy to create.
I have a third quilt on my sewing room floor.  It's
just leftovers I cut into 3" x 9-1/2".  Since these 2 are
my main projects I'm not in a rush to finish the 3rd.
Off to Scott these 2 shall go.
I don't remember if I posted this or not.
I seldom name my quilts but this one I named
"Floret in Starlet"
"Starlet" is the name of the line which made
all those beautiful flowers.  It was a free pattern
I picked up from Pinterest as a table runner.
Done and off to Scott this shall go as well.
I call this 'my extra credit project' since it
wasn't on my original project schedule.
... WHAT'S IN THE WINGS WAITING FOR ME ... 
"Mermaid Tails" - I think this is adorable.
It's a small collection so this will come together quickly.
"Colbalt Seas" - I didn't take pictures of the panel.  They sent
me two of the same panel and one will be going to the Guild.
This collection I love and can't wait to work with.
"You Are My Sunshine" - there are a lot of
designs with this collection.  I did receive 2 of
each of the panel and since I'm only using one
the other will go to the Guild.
Depending on what I make there might be some
yardage with those panels going to the Guild.


I have to say I'm not crazy about this collection
but I have to make something out of it.  I like
the designs but not so much the colors.  I prefer bright's
and these are very soft.  Needless to say what I
make will look good and some kid will love it.

That's it for what's due in August.
I haven't received the list for September - December
but whatever is on it I know it will be nice.




1 comment:

  1. Floret in Starlet is so pretty. I love the colors and pattern! I hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete