Monday, May 21, 2018

Flowers & Finished Lap Quilts

 Allium which I planted in the fall and forgot about.
 Peony
This is the first year for blooms.

Julep sleeping on a project I'm trying to get done.
 Do not disturb!
 Champagne anyone?
I had enough fabric leftover to make four napkins
but forgot to take a photo of them.

 This is a very elegant lap quilt which calls for a very
elegant back fabric.  I broke down and paid full
price for the back fabric.
 I love batik fabric not only for the rich colors and patterns
but also for the ease of sewing - meaning they don't stretch
out of shape like regular quilting fabric can if you're not careful.

This finished batik lap quilt is on it's way to the
Outer Banks to someone we met there.

1 comment:

  1. The peonies are so pretty. Mine are white. I love the smell of them but the blooms never last long enough.
    I was in Joann fabrics with a friend not too long ago and I thought of you when she was looking at the batik fabric and saying how much she liked them.

    ReplyDelete