Sunday, March 31, 2019

Counting Fabric Pieces

 Two years flew by since the last Bayside Quilters quilt show.
So what that means for me is pulling multiple boxes
off my shelves of pre-sorted blocks to start counting.
 While there is no set procedure for how fabric is
to be presented for sale at the show boutique
I came up my own way of organizing the fabric. 
Count blocks
 Tie nicely with ribbon
Insert in plastic bag
Write tag
Seal with tape
Repeat over and over and over again! 

 This display shows all my leftover fabric squares from various projects
that I just didn't need.  In the quilting world they are fondly called
'orphan's'.  I'm hoping my orphan blocks find good home.
 I did have to scratch my head in trying to figure out the
logical way to sort these into packages for sale.

 Getting the packages ready for the sale took me a good
4 days of counting - packing and stacking.
 Yes, I do have a stiff neck.
 Now I just have to turn them in.

Goldie is in charge of organizing the boutique for the 
quilt show so for fun I came up with a name.
Here is what I'm donating to
Goldie's Haberdashery of Fine & Frivolous Fabrics
2" Square / 8 packages @200 per package
2-1/2" Squares / 19 packages @200 per package
3" Squares / 11 packages @100 per package
3-1/2" Squares / 3 packages @ 100 per package
4" Squares / 23 packages @50 per package
4-1/2" Squares / 10 packages @50 per package
5" Squares / 16 packages @50 per package
6" Squares / 22 packages @50 per package
6-1/2" Squares / 9 packages @50 per package
8" Squares / 2 packages @ 50 per package
8-1/2" Squares / 4 packages @ 50 per package
9" Squares / 1package @ 50 per package
9-1/2" Squares / 2 packages @ 50 per package
... and then there are the orphans, all the various
size of strips, and various lengths of bindings.



1 comment:

  1. WOW, that's a lot of work. You've got enough there to set up your own shop of fine and frivolous fabrics...lol

    ReplyDelete