Thursday, February 18, 2021

Check That & Reverse!

 

I give up trying to figure out the new Blogger format.  This photo
should have been the last photo in this post so I'll be telling
my story in reverse today.

The spaceship block was just started today.  The fabric is
 really cute plus it was purchased 
for either $2.99 or $3.99 per yard.  I refuse to
pay $10 to $12 per yard for fabric.

This morning while drinking coffee I was checking out
several of my favorite fabric shops on-line.   I noticed one 
started to sell 'flat folds'.  This means no cutting you purchase the
yardage indicated [which is usually 4+ yards].  Since the cost
worked out to $3.99 per yard + free shipping + no
sales tax I placed an order.  With shipping via the post
office [still a mess] who knows when my box will arrive.
At least I have something to look forward to during 
these dark days of winter.
Julep
This morning I woke up to ice and snow.  I have to give credit
to the Talbot County snow removal team.  They are always
on top of clearing our development which is impressive.


Yesterday I took a drive to Chris's to pick up some quilts
that needed bindings sewn on.  Since I know how excited
Derby gets when I bring those quilts into the house ...
I purposely left the bag in the garage and when
the dogs were out on the deck I brought in the stack of
quilts, left the bag out there, and quietly took them upstairs.
Darn if Derby didn't smell them and started to bark and carry
 on trying to get on top of the table.  I finally gave in and let
him sniff one at a time.
These are now done and Chris has another stack for me.
I don't mind sewing down the bindings and I feel
we have a good system going.  As they say ...
Many hands make light work
Wanted to sew something simple so I pulled out this panel 
and designed the sides.  I wasn't happy with just the
side blocks so I added two borders to the top and
bottom.  The pebble fabric was picked up
from the free table at a guild meeting.
Not sure what I'll do with this.
Here is a close-up of the blocks.  The novelty prints are
2-1/2" wide x 6" long.  The gray chicken wire fabric is
2-1/2" x 2-1/2" square.  For all three quilts I used two yards of
the chicken wire fabric and I didn't have an inch leftover.
I would consider these I Spy quilts for kids.  While this looks 
like a lot of fabric it didn't put a dent into my scrap box 
of 2-1/2" x 6" blocks ... but at least I can get the lid on.
These are going to Outreach when Chris need additional
tops to work on.
Working in rows ... sewing two together at a time
until I feel I have a nice section done.
Here is the reason I made these quilts.  On Monday I had to
do the prep for my 10 year colonoscopy [on Tuesday] so I needed
a simple project to keep me occupied.  I also had an 
endoscopy [since I was already knocked out] so now I'm waiting
for the results.  The doctor [who I really like]
saw some inflammation in my throat and excess acid
in my stomach ... he took several samples and sent them
off to pathology.  In the meantime ... I'm
now taking Pepcid 40mgs prior to bed. Old age 
isn't for sissies.  


1 comment:

  1. That Derby sure is a smart one. You can't fool him.
    You've been keeping busy in the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete