Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Ice Storm ... A View From Our Back Yard

 This is my favorite ice picture so far.   All pictures
were taken without leaving my back porch.
We have a ton of birds because I feed them every morning.

Two Mourning Doves [out of the 20 we normally have] 
pecking around the ground seed I toss out.
The Blue Bird of Happiness

Geese ... we still have them routing around in our grass.
My second favorite ice photo.  This is of a little island in the center
of the pond to the left of our house.  There is usually a pair of
'resident' geese who have their gosling chicks there.
This little pine was an impulse purchase from a nursery in
Washington state.  I forgot the name but it's a slow grower.
When we had to move our back beds we didn't know were to
put this so we just stuck it in the front of the new bed.  It's sorta
pretty to have a blast of color to look at in the winter.
Ice on the Globe {Globosa} Crytomeria.  I love these plants
and we have them lining the front of our back porches.
Limelight Hydrangea in ice.
Our neighbors red maple tree.
Also in our neighbors yard. 

Our new Coral Bark Maple.  Another pop of brilliant color
in the winter.  I'm wondering if we can find a spot for a
Witch Hazel bush.  Not only do they bloom a beautiful 
winter flower they also have a sweet smell.  We had two
at our other home and they grew very large making them
breath taking in the winter.

I leave you with this last photo ... Junco on the
Japanese Maple tree.

1 comment:

  1. All your photos are wonderful. I think my favorite is the bluebird on the frozen branches

    ReplyDelete