Monday, April 26, 2021

Easy as 9 Quilt Pattern + A Few Others

 

This is a pattern I've made before.  While it looks easy {and
it is} the trick is to be mindful when laying out the blocks.
It's so easy to put a block facing the wrong way
and not notice it.
Without me screwing up the layout - the top is done.
Derby
Another simple pattern made from fat quarters.
Can't remember if I showed this or not.
While you can't really see the detail in the fabric this
collection is really very nice.
A Facebook friend asked me to make her a lap quilt [which is
pictured below].  She is originally from Cuba so I thought it
would be fun to surprise her and send her 4 placemats, 4 napkins 
and a table runner using this brightly colored Kaffe Fassett fabric.
When I think of Cuba I think of old vintage cars and brightly
painted homes.  Fingers crossed she likes this!
She found this fabric on Spoonflower which is custom printed
at the time of order.  Since I felt it was a little plain I jazzed
it up with some gold metallic printed fabric.
The back fabric [also from Spoonflower] should arrive
in the next day or so.  She wanted an agility theme fabric
for the backing.  Since I normally don't take requests for quilts 
I'm only charging her for the Spoonflower fabric plus shipping.








1 comment:

  1. Wow, love the pattern for that first one. It looks like it would rather complicated to me.

    ReplyDelete