Sunday, May 23, 2021

"Christmas Legend" from Henry Glass & Co.

This past week just flew by but I did manage to find
time for playing with this new collection of fabric. 
. . .
The new lines of Christmas fabric started shipping to stores 
about 2 weeks ago. This is the collection I was sent.
"Christmas Legend"
by Bruce Park
for Henry Glass & Co., Inc.

There are 2 panels in this collection and I forgot to take a
picture of the Santa panel which is behind the golden
hanging ornament panel.
I call this block 'almost wrapped' because of the single thin
strip of fabric in the center of the block [looking like ribbon].  
What's missing is the bow on the top thus ... 'almost wrapped'.
When I send photo's to Jennifer she likes to receive
progress shots meaning ... what the blocks look like
before they become [in my case] a quilt top.

This month included 4 spools of Auriful thread [which
is my favorite thread].  Auriful is an Italian company [based
in Milano] and is considered one of the best threads on
the market.  What I love ... it's very smooth and
closely twisted which means less lint. 
Julep
The 'almost wrapped' quilt is done but not quilted.
Julep is napping on the hanging ornaments top.
While both tops are pretty simple in design I won't finish 
them until later in the year [if I finish them at all].
"Farmhouse Quilt Backing"
by Kim Diehl
for Henry Glass & Co.
Along with Christmas fabric came this collection in three
color ways.  The cuts are 'wide back' meaning
it's 108" in width.   I was sent a 1/2 yard of each color
with no other blender material so I was thinking of
what to make and placemats came to mind.






 

1 comment:

  1. What fabulous fabrics. I don't want to even think about Christmas yet though :)

    ReplyDelete