Sunday, May 2, 2021

Progress Review

In an attempt not to put any leftover project fabric back on
the shelf I whipped up this simple layout using the
rest of the Nana Mae V collection.

This cute little quilt top is now in the stack I have ready 
to give Chris for Outreach to finish.  At our last meeting
 I gave Chris a bunch of tops for completion.

The Nana Mae V collection is so versatile it looks great in 
anything you want to create with it.
This is the 1st layout using Gossamer Garden by Henry Glass.
It's a simple 9" block with a 4-3/4" corner block
sewn to the opposite corners of the top and bottom.

This is the 2nd layout with Gossamer Gardens.
Since I over cut the 9" blocks I had to do something with them.
I decided to cut them in half then sew a 2-1/2" complimentary
piece down the middle.
This layout is not final and will be put in the 'holding zone'
for a short period.  I want to work with the panel next
and then go back to this with any leftover fabric.
Working with the panel will be next if Derby ever
decides to move his cute butt!
Do you know how to get Derby to move?
Just put a new piece of fabric on the floor.
Finally, the special order from Spoonflower arrived.
It's the backing for the quilt I'm making for a Facebook friend.
She loves dog agility and picked this fabric.
 My project today will be to finish her quilt so I can 
mail it to her on Monday.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment