Monday, May 3, 2021

Yeah for the Red, White & Westie!

This quilt will be add to the Westie Foundation of Amerca's
fund raiser Facebook auction next week.  The WFA funds studies
on various health issues which is critical since this breed of dog
has a lot of issues like Westie Lung Disease and
White Shaker Syndrome. 
The westie in the star fabric was expensive since it was a custom 
order from Spoonflower.  Two fat quarters were $20. which
was enough to make the flag corner blocks.
I'm hoping this brings in some $'s for the Foundation
but you never know.  Starting bid will be $50 and
hopefully the final bid will be more than that.  

This came out a little wider than normal so I need to 
'expand' the back fabric to allow for some 'layout give'.
I'll be working on that today as well as the quilting.

As a side note ...
My sister actually was the inspiration for this quilt.  She gave 
me the red, white, and blue paw print fabric & the tiny red and
blue paw print fabric used between rows.  I pulled the red and blue
with gold stars out of my stash ... and there you have it ...
the red, white & westie quilt!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment