Monday, June 28, 2021

Around the Sewing Room

 

Derby here ... just wanted to let you know that Mommy Katie
loves to make quilt tops for Outreach.  At times she
even forgets to give us dinner at 3:00p.m. sharp!
Mommy Katie here ...
Well, Derby is right on both counts!  I love sewing and
if you would have told me 30 years ago I would be doing
what I'm doing I would have said no way.  
While I took 3 years of sewing in
high school it was garment sewing not quilting.
This quilt top [and the one above] is the last of the "Hello Fall"
fabric.  I still have 5 placemats to finish with this
fabric and then I can say officially say "Hello Fall" 
has left the area!
After making so many tops with a fall theme I felt the
need to make some tops geared towards kids.

So I went through my stash and pulled out a bunch
of fun kids prints.  This pattern is an early one
that was given to me from Outreach.

This was made with a little girl in mind and is another
early pattern given to me from the Outreach group.
... On the sewing horizon ...
From my stash I pulled a stack of nautical kid themed
fabric I've been saving hoarding.  I did the pressing this
morning so now it's ready for the cutting table.


1 comment:

  1. Hello, Sweet Derby! Set an alarm to remind Mama Katie it's dinnertime! ;P

    I like your pretty background on your blog for Independence Day. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete