Friday, July 2, 2021

Dinner Out Celebrating Sarah's Birthday

 

Last night we picked up Sarah and her husband Lad to go out
to dinner since it was her birthday.  We knew about the plans several weeks
ago because Lad asked if we were available and if we would drive.
He made reservations at what I would call a very expensive but
excellent restaurant in Easton called Bas Rouge.  From the food
to the service there is nothing to complain about except the cost!

My crab cake entree.
Dinner is pre-fix and you have a choice of ...
3 courses for $100. 
or 
4 courses for $125.
Everyone did the 3 courses which means an
appetizer, entree and dessert.  
Cocktails and wine are not included.
Since Sarah loves caviar Lad pre-ordered this for her
[and Wilson] at an additional $175. to the bill.
Yes, you read that right!
Little did we know that Lad had planned to pay for
our meals but there was an interesting twist to the
evenings end.
Neither Lad nor I liked this so Sarah and Wilson
had a good time eating those tiny fish eggs.
I took this photo because this is the first time I've
seen a table set with a fancy bottle of hand sanitizer.
It's to the left of my glass of wine.
This is Lad.  
Since we arrived a little early at the restaurant our
table wasn't ready so we walked down the street to 
The Stewart which is a scotch and champagne lounge. 
 It's small and intimate with comfy chairs and is owned
by the same group as Bas Rouge.
Lad is a great guy and a good neighbor.  He has just
about lost all his sight due to a blood disease specific
to his eyes.  
Since everyone had left The Stewart to go to other places 
I took this photo.  I have to admit it's beautiful and I love
the big chandler hanging above the bar.
... Now for the twist in the evening ...
Bas Rouge was packed last night - not an empty table in
the place.  When we came in there was a large table of maybe
8 or 10 people having a really good time.  I didn't recognize anyone
at the table but Wilson did recognize one as a Facebook friend.  
When our meal service was over [we started at 8:00p.m. and ended up 
asking for the check at 11:00p.m.] we were told our check had been
paid for!  That was incredible since I figured with everything -
dinner - caviar - mixed drinks - wine - it should have been
around $700.00 [not including a tip for the staff]
... we couldn't believe it!  So Wilson nicely pressed the
waitress [if that's what you call them in a fancy restaurant] 
and actually it was one of the gentlemen who was sitting
at that large table [who shall remain nameless but is a prominent real
estate agent in our area] paid the bill for everyone in the restaurant.  
Not only were we in disbelief about our bill but the entire
restaurant ... that was totally amazing.  I do have my theory 
why but I'm not going to share that here.  We feel blessed
that this happened and will pay the goodness forward in 
some small way.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a wonderful surprise. A real estate agent paid it huh? I'm wondering if he sold a really big house

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real estate agent must be related to the builder who owned the yacht. I looked the yacht owner up. Interesting. Right place right time. Happy Birthday to your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I should have said my birthday is July 3 and all I am getting is extra kibbles.

    ReplyDelete