Monday, January 3, 2022

Happy New Year + New Fabric

 

We didn't spend New Year's Eve as planned.  Originally,
we invited our neighbors on both sides of us over for a little 
dinner party but Wilson decided to go into aFib the day before.
He was taken to the hospital via ambulance to shock his
heart back into rhythm.  I picked him up 5 hours later.
Needless to say we cancelled our dinner so he could recoup after his
experience.  We rescheduled our party for this Friday night.
Just before Christmas Hancock of Paducah had a very good sale.
I took advantage of that sale and ordered some fabric.  
Shortly after placing that order Jennifer sent me a gift card
for $50 from Hancock so I placed another small order
which hasn't been shipped yet.
Did I tell you that the quilt I gave Dara for her vet practice 
raised $500?  It was in a silent auction and I was blown away
with how much money it raised for their good samaritan fund.
I ordered this fabric for their next Xmas fund raiser.  
Dara told me this fund raiser made the most money ever.  
They raised $8,000.00 which is awesome.
  I should have ordered two of these but I didn't.
This is enough fabric to use for a quilt back.
I was smart and ordered 2 of these panels.  If you
look closely you can see all the animals around
and on the tree.  These will be put aside in case Dara
needs a quilt for another fund raising auction
during the year.
This was ordered to make a quilt for two of my FB friends
 who work at NASA in Houston.  They also have 
the cutest little westies.  I'm still collection fabric for
this project but want to start on it soon.
Nautical fabric I couldn't pass up.  This is in my stash
for unknown future projects.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
&
ALL THE BEST FOR A GREAT 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment