Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Sewing the Lille Collection from Henry Glass & Co.

 

I'm almost done working with the collection called Lille by
Henry Glass & Co.
This is a collection I didn't want to cut simply because it's
so beautiful and I love the colors.


Jennifer sent me 1 yard of each piece in the collection. 
That's 19 yards of fabric.  If I had to buy that fabric at
{say} $12/yard it would have cost me $108.00.
Pink Color Way Quilt #1
I cut more blocks then I needed for this particular pattern
so instead of making just one quilt I made three.  

Blue Color Way Quilt #2
Scrappy Color Way Quilt #3
In this quilt I laid out the blocks differently so the
"X" is in the center.

My favorite.  I still have some of the fabric used
in the 4 big panel sections in a dark blue background.
 I may try to squeeze out another quilt in this layout
using it but first I need to move on to the other
collection of fabric Jennifer sent.
The process of making the blocks.  What I love about
this pattern is after pressing the block you square it up
so they pretty much turn out perfect every time.
The center 2 accents pieces are 1-1/2" strips sewn together.
They are placed between a 10" square that has been
cut on the diagonal as pictured below.

Next up ... working with the bunny fabric.
We had our first snow of the season yesterday.
I took a lot of pictures and will share some of them
later.  Winter has finally found us!

No comments:

Post a Comment