Saturday, May 7, 2022

Guess What's In The Box?

 

Here's a funny story [at least to us it was].
Wilson ordered a few plants for our back yard and we
were expecting them any day.  When the dogs
started to bark I noticed a Fed-X truck parked in our
drive and saw he left a big box.  I called Wilson and
said come get your box it's your plants.
He carried the box to the back porch and I followed
him with a pair of scissors so we could set 
them on the porch until planting time.
Much to our surprise when we opened the box it was full 
fabric on bolts!  Scott did a video this past week of one of the 
warehouses and he showed what they do with fabric that doesn't meet
the full bolt requirements that stores order.  
Those bolts that don't meet requirements are called 
short bolts.  Those short bolts get sold to discount
places that don't want an entire perfect collection
of a line.  {Sorta like the stores we visit in Lancaster.]
I did a quick calculation of the yardage marked
on the end of each bolt and it was
about 66 yards of fabric [give or take].
So I figured I received about $726 worth of fabric at 
around $11/yard.  Some fabric is priced over $12/yard
which I find crazy.
What a nice surprise needless to say ... so I'm
heading back to my sewing room ... pronto!

Have A Happy Mother's Day

1 comment: