Tuesday, July 19, 2022

From the Sewing Room

 

My two little companions {aka impeders of progress}
keep me company in my sewing room.
Leaving no fabric wasted.  That bag of scraps will go
to a guild friend.  She uses what she can {she likes making
crumb quilts} then gives the leftovers to the
minister of their church who then takes the 
scraps to a re-cycle center.  The money he gets goes
to help the church.  Doing this small recycle step
 saves space in the landfill + helps a quilter + helps a church.
Julep messing up my layout but then again what
else is new!
My design wall has another group of quilt blocks on 
it at the moment.  That is why these are on the floor.
Getting down to my last group of batik fabrics.
I have a bunch of 3" squares left over so I'm working
on a scrappy quilt at the moment.  I may be able
to get at least 2 more out of what I have left.
This stack is ready to be quilted in simple lines.
This photo shows the color and pattern of the batik fabrics.
I feel the batik quilts would be perfect for teens that
attend The Hole in the Wall camp next year.
Labels for the quilt back.
After I finish up the batik quilts I need to count
how many I have done then send a picture to
my contact.  Since we have no history I want to
be sure she knows I'm serious about supporting
the Maryland camp location.




No comments:

Post a Comment