Friday, July 22, 2022

Sewing with Batik Fabric

 

Instead of taking individual pictures of the fabric I chose
for the back of the quilts I decided a group shot would
save a lot of time.  
You have seen these quilts in various stages of production
 but now I can officially state they are done,
pressed and folded.
My least favorite thing about quilting is the
actual quilting of the quilt.  
My quilting technique is simple straight lines
following the rows across.



The colors are much richer and so much more detailed
then you can see here [pics with my iPhone].
At first I had the lighter blocks [over on the right] mixed 
with the darker blocks [on your left].  After looking at the 
layout I decided to pull them out.  They just didn't seem
to fit so . . . I started a second quilt using just light
blocks.  I did sew the dark blocks together last night
and now they are waiting to be pressed.
The light block quilt is half way done so I'll 
work on that one today.





1 comment: