Sunday, August 28, 2022

Derby aka "Bird Boy"

 

Derby aka "Bird Boy" ate a bird 9 days ago.  At first
he was feeling okay and called my vet to let him know.
This wasn't the first bird that Derby got and ate and in the
past he was just fine.  This one must have been larger than
the others.  I'll spare you all the details and make a long
story short.  Our vet went on vacation with no back-up 
vet in his office, no back-up vet practice to take care of pets
and basically let everyone fend for themselves.  I wasn't
happy about this at all because Derby wasn't feeling 
well.  I was going to take him to see Dara but
her practice is 2 hours away and on a Friday it probably
would have meant 4 hours or more with traffic.  She
did agree he needed to be seen so after calling several
vet practices in our area Friday morning one said to bring him in.
He was there on Friday and I had to take him back Saturday
and Sunday for x-rays and IV fluids.  He seems better today
but that pile of bird bones is still in his stomach.
So ... the world bird population is done by 1 [one]
and my check book is down by $960.35.
There goes my fall vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, poor Derby and your poor check book as well.
    Even worse is that he's going through all this and will probably eat another bird the first chance he gets.

    ReplyDelete