Thursday, September 8, 2022

Fall Around The Garden

 

Fall is here so that means my plants are producing their
last set of flowers for this year.
The Limelight Hydrangea grew like weeds this year.
The flower heads are big and our small birds fly into
the heads to look for bugs.  It's the cutest thing to watch.
White Egret ... he's been hanging around for the past several
days picking bugs from the tall grasses.
My beautiful Cosmos
I'm leaving the dead flower heads on the plants 
in hopes they self-seed for next year.


Hibiscus #1
Wilson ordered 3 new hibiscus plants for the garden this year
to fill in a few open spots.
Hibiscus #2

Hibiscus #3
The photo is deceiving ... the flower is the size of a 
dinner plate!  Hibiscus #2 is the same size and they are
pretty darn spectacular.
Another variety of Cosmos

The pond water fountain
The berries on the Viburnum feed the birds in the winter.
Vanilla-Strawberry hydrangea.  I'm letting the flower
heads dry on the plant this year.  These are great for
indoor flower arrangements. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the vanilla-strawberry hydrangeas. They are so pretty! I enjoyed seeing the pretty late summer flowers in your garden!

    ReplyDelete