Wednesday, May 13, 2015

We're Back & I've Been Busy

 It was a great trip to Duck last week and we can't
wait to go back ... maybe in late fall if schedules allowed.
It's time to sew the blocks into a quilt top.
Before we left on vacation I picked some super-simple quilt
patterns, cut out the material in the appropriate size blocks
and packed them securely with my sewing machine.  I did
a little sewing each day which was perfect.
Nautical By Nature 
Since we came home I've been working on sewing the tops together.
{I'm really trying to re-build my donation stash}
Next step in this process will be to ... pick out the back material, 
do some simple quilting and sewing the binding around the edges.
Est. time to do all that = 3 days.
 I like the neutral colors of this collection.
 Tutti-frutti ... a tropical little quilt.
This one I put together with the Sunshine Westie Rescue
auction in mind.  Since this group is a Florida based rescue
I wanted to do something different.   
 Flower Mix-up
A better picture of this quilt top needs to be taken.
It's really a lovely selection of fabrics I purchased as a
fat quarter bundle in Lancaster.  I have enough left to make
another quilt but I think I want to use a different layout.

 Westie & Scottie Toss
Remember I purchased 6 yards of each color?
Well, I still have a lot of yardage left and I'm trying
to use it up.  Today [hopefully] I'll finish up the borders and
add this one to the stack that needs to be finished. 
This one {I'm thinking} might be added to the
Christmas in July Westie Rescue Southeast auction.  
I also toying with the idea of using the red fabric to
make a few Xmas stockings for this auction.  
 Usually my red, white & black quilts do very well at
auction.  For some reason folks are drawn to that color combo.
Signing off from the 'sewing factory' ... Katie

2 comments:

  1. These are all great but I think my favorite is the yellow black and gray. That's a great combination. That first picture is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Ann. the yellow, white, gray and black is such a great color comb.

    ReplyDelete