Thursday, June 25, 2015

One Finished & Another Started

I finished this quilt yesterday.  It is now pressed, photographed, and
folded neatly inside a plastic zip lock bag.  Did I mention I enjoy
working with batik fabrics?   The colors and patterns are amazing
and I may have enough fabric left to squeeze out another quilt.
 I made this quilt for the lady who spent an hour with me
at Solid Tops which is our local granite store.  We have used
them in the past and on Friday afternoon the guys will be coming
out to do a template for the replacement of the drab Corian in the new
home.  That way we can decide which 'grade' or 'level' of
granite we can afford to put in.  Also yesterday after I dropped
the westies off at the groomers {photo's later} I stopped at
the Re-Store which is run by Habitat for Humanity.  I checked
in with the coordinator and they will accept all the carpet from
the new house as well as the [drab] Corian counter tops and they will 
gladly come and pick everything up.  It's a win-win all around ... 
helping others within our community.
Table Runner
I found this pattern in a quilting magazine and decided
to give it a try.  The strips are 12-1/2" x 2-1/2" and 
there are 25 of them.  Simple, cute, and easy to make.
This will be added to my donation stash for westie rescue.
Since I purchased yards and yards of this fabric I also 
cut out a pair of standard pillowcases out of the white.
Today
Today is a good day for sewing, grocery shopping, and cleaning.
Sister Debby will be driving to the Eastern Shore on Friday morning.
We plan to have lunch at our favorite pizza joint then onto
Hobby Lobby [in Salisbury] and on the way back home we'll
stop at the Quilt Vine in Trappe.  We may even go to Ava's for dinner.
Deb and I have no problem with having pizza for lunch and pizza for dinner.
We must have been Italian in another life!

No comments:

Post a Comment