Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Westies ... And ... Some New Fabric

 Yesterday we tried a new groomer and I like what she did.
Not knowing what to expect we walked into a room with 
several dogs waiting to be groomed.  Julep and Derby were put
into a crate next to two other westies and I wish I would have
taken a picture.  I have say my westies did look far superior.
Even the groomer commented on Derby's cuteness. 
Then there was the 'resident cat' ... 
The cat goes in and out via a tiny cat door.  It can't be any more
than 6" wide x 8" tall and Julep in a state of extreme 
excitement {or extreme fear} tried to get through the cat
door.   Thank goodness I still had both of them on leashes.
I was told the door was put in 2 years ago and in all that
time no dog has paid attention to it let alone try to squeeze through.  
In a way I'm glad this happened because I was
fearful they wouldn't get the hang of using a doggie
door once it's installed in the new home.  So now ... I can
cross that off my list of things NOT to worry about.
 They both rested after the grooming ordeal and it was no wonder
with all the other dogs to bark out, the tormentor cat and all 
the energy Derby used trying to eat his way out of the metal crate.
 My sign of barking and carrying on to come.
 Spotted ... Freida being walked down the street.
 Bill lives across the street and one house over.  He's a nice guy who
takes his dog Frieda who is 15, deaf and blind for short walks.
 I didn't know Derby had a temper until we moved here.  He
gets himself so upset he grabs anything near and gives it a good
shake and does this growl sound.  His teeth ripped the fabric in
my nautical pillow which 'did' match a nautical quilt I made.
 Tail in an upright and focused position.
 Frieda encroaching on westie grass and it's a bark-fest here.
 On to sewing stuff ... the set of cases are done.
 I'm a little late in getting the material for my chiropractors 
girlfriends baby.  Maverick James is due in the next week
so I better get busy.  My chiropractor is into sailboat
races and the baby's room is in a grey color pallet so
this should blend in nicely.  All I have to do is figure
out the layout ... and the rest will be simple.

 Frank our landscaper's daughter is considering a career as 
a pastry chef so when I saw this selection of fabrics on sale
I said to myself ... why not make her a small quilt.  Even
if she goes down another career path this still will be cute.
I believe Josie is either 15 or 16 and I remember when 
she was born ... amazing how time flies!
 If I'm in the sewing room so are the westies.
 The Window Seat ... a constant source of entertainment!
 My view from my ironing board.  I wonder what
they are watching so intently?
It's a bunny ... they are watching the bunny run down the street.
This development should be re-named Bunny Landing.
There are so many rabbits here it's not funny.  For example
last night we walked over to the new house to measure the
fireplace for a new mantel and on the way back we stopped
and talked to our neighbor Larry who was walking Maggie
{the rescue lab}.  While chatting we watched 3 bunnies
chasing each other around the bushes.  It was funny to
watch bunnies in heat.  Also every night at dusk a tiny
new born bunny comes out from the bushes you see in
the picture to feed on grass.  I think we need some foxes here
to take down the bunny population.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the groomer was a major event with all the excitement. Duke used to do the shaking and growling noise with all his toys. That was just the way he played all the time.

    ReplyDelete