Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Arrival of the Wallpaper


 You never know when you order items from an on-line site
what type of service you will get.  I have to say I was impressed
with the quick turn-a-round from this wallpaper company in
Virginia.  It was much cheaper for me to order the paper than to
have our local furniture store order it for us.  I found a fair
price with no sales tax, free shipping, and a coupon for an
additional 5% off.  With all that you are still looking at $800.
in wallpaper!  I can't image what Higgins & Spenser would
have charged but I'm guessing double.
 The new chandelier arrived for the center hallway.
It will replace the plain drab schoolhouse white fixture there.
It blends nicely with our old dining room chandelier.

 We have the wallpaper man all lined up.  He showed me
pictures of rooms he's done in silk and fabric in some
of the big mansions here on the shore and in Potomac.
He is a real artist and since I don't have a clue how to
put up wallpaper I may watch him put up a few sheets.
The wallpaper will be next to the last thing done -
carpet being the last. The interior walls will have the final coat of
West Highland White this coming week.  Next up is finishing up 
the bathroom tile around the tub and then ripping out the 
cheap surround around the fireplace.  The new fireplace insert 
with gas  logs are on order.  After Labor Day the wood floors 
are scheduled to be sanded and re-stained.   Who knows
when the back two screened in porches and trex deck will
get underway.  This is what will hold us up moving in.

1 comment:

  1. that's a lot of wallpaper. I hung wallpaper myself once and I will never try and do it again. That's a job for the professionals :)

    ReplyDelete