Monday, April 24, 2017

Two Quilt Tops Done

 At the last guild meeting I picked up some fabric pieces off the
free table.  You never know what you'll find there and that's
half the fun.  Derby is inspecting the free fabric which
I just pressed and wouldn't you know it he pulled the
stack to the floor for a good sniff-over.
This material which I made into a pretty simple quilt
is from the free table which is now ready to give back
to the Outreach group to finish up and then pass on.
The Scottie blocks were made from a kit I purchased
on sale.   The designer [while I like the blocks themselves] 
had all the block stacked next to each other. 
I felt this was pretty darn boring so I made up
my own design with fabric from my stash.
Here again, this shows the importance of having
a good amount of fabric at your fingertips. 
Julep laying on what I picked for the Scottie quilt back.
Hope to have this one done by the end of the week.

1 comment: