Friday, May 5, 2017

It's Almost Derby Day & Our Swine & Wine Dinner Party

 Wilson surprised me with two dozen long stem red roses.
The card read ... happy Mother's Day & happy Derby Day
Love, Wilson, Julep and Derby.  What a guy ... that's
why I love him so.
Wilson's collection of Julep Cups all nicely polished by me.
It was a last minute decision of ours to have a small dinner
part on Saturday to watch the Derby.  The theme of this
dinner party is ... Swine & Wine.   
 It took me two trips over to the storage unit to look
for the Derby glasses that Wilson collected over the
years.  I finally found them inside of a box inside
of box.  They will be not going back to the unit and
I already found and cleaned out a spot to store them here.
 Since this is going to be a 'sloppy' meal I put on two plastic
tablecloths and bought dish towels to use as napkins.
 A simple arrangement for the table.
 For the Swine & Wine dinner we are having ...
ribs, pulled pork, coleslaw, baked beans, hush puppies,
Wilson's Kentucky Corn Pudding, mashed potato's,
cornbread and rolls.
For dessert I decided to try a new recipe I found for
bite-size Derby tarts.  I baked them today and they are tasty.
I'll take a photo of them tomorrow.
 How could I not buy this.
 As you can see Derby and Julep [below] could care less
about the Kentucky Derby preparations.  But I'm betting
 they will get excited when the race starts and they
 see all the horses running.

 What a life they have!
You can't have a Derby party without bourbon.  The wine is
in the wine refrigerator and the vodka is in the freezer.
I'll try and take photo's of everything we make
if I can.  Happy Derby Day everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun and the menu sure sounds yummy. Julep and Derby are probably just resting up for all the excitement...lol

    ReplyDelete