Thursday, July 9, 2020

A Scrappy Quilt, Napkins & Westie Derby


A scrappy quilt top made using up my box of 4-1/2" squares.
This has already been placed in the pile for Outreach to finish.
This is mindless sewing.
I'm trying to use up my scrap blocks instead of saving them and Outreach
will benefit from my efforts [which is an excellent thing].
Yesterday I pulled my 6" blocks and will start sewing them together
in pairs of two over the weekend.
Derby ... napping under my sewing table.
This set of napkins and the pea pod set below are going to
Sarah [Wilson's daughter] in California.  I ran out of fusible interfacing
for the placemats so I need to make a quick trip to JoAnn's.
Pea Pod Napkins
This was $3.49/yard!
Putting the cart before the horse [so to speak].  This set of
napkins actually goes with the set of national park placemats I'm
mading for my primary care doctor.  I'm still working on the
national park themed quilt for him which I know he will
go nuts over.  He mentioned to me he has a room
full of national park collectables in his home.
I think the a/c guys must have slept in this morning because
they still are not here.  I baked them some cinnamon muffins
as a treat so I hope they get here soon.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos with us. Derby, you are a good helper even when you are napping. We hope the a/c guys were there soon to fix your problem. HAve a great rest of your day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Th3 quilt top looks great. How nice of you to make the placemats for your doctor

    ReplyDelete